Hey, is it ever happened to you like you have lost your phone somewhere in silent mode and struggled hard to find it here and there? If yes then this article is for you. Many a times it has happened with me that I have placed my smart phone somewhere in silent mode and then tried hard to find it. Have you ever wondered how you can make your phone ring aloud on silent mode? Seems interesting, huh? This article will help you find your phone even if it is on silent mode. The interesting part is that you can also lock your mobile device, erase the entire data, track its location remotely. Find my phone is the solution to all such problems. Below you will find how you can perform all such useful and interesting things with the help of Chrome browser.
Find my Phone: Your helping hand
- First of all open Chrome browser and type in www.google.com in the address bar.
- Then write “Find my Phone” on the search bar of google and click on the first link that appears.
- Alternatively you can directly click on https://myaccount.google.com/intro/find-your-phone?hl=en-US
- You will find an option “Sign in to Start“. Click on this button
- Then you will be asked to log in with your email account. Make sure you enter with the same email account which is synced to your mobile phone.
- After you log in, you will find the devices connected with your email account. Click on the name of the phone that you want to search for.
- Then you will find a screen that opens up, Now click on “Ring” option present on the screen.
Wow! The magic begins! It is surprising to see that your mobile phone starts ringing loudly even if it was on the silent mode.
Locate your phone
You can explore more option on the same screen. For example, you will find there the option “Locate” . click on this and you can see the location of your device in real time. Be sure that GPS is ON in your mobile phone. Here you can track the location of your device.
Lock your Phone
Similarly, you will find the option to lock your phone on the same screen. You will be asked to set a password to lock your device. And with that you will also be given the option to call the finder. In addition to this, you can give your number also to the finder so that he/she can return it back to you. Isn’t that a wonderful option in case you have lost your phone?
Erase the data
Now suppose if your phone is stolen and the thief is not ready to give it back to you? The first thought that will strike your mind is to safeguard your important data from unauthorized access. One way is to lock your phone as described above. The other way is to delete all the important data. On the same screen after you log in, you will find an option to erase the data. Click on that link and do the actions as mentioned.
Remember: Find my Phone can help you perform so many amazing and useful features for not just finding your device but along with that also giving you the measures in case you can’t get the device back.
At last Please don’t forget to logout once you are done.
That’s all about Find my Phone. I hope the next time you lost your phone then this article will be of some help to you. For more interesting updates, stay tuned with www.englishneed.com
You may write us back via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Englishneed: Let’s Connect and Learn 🙂